HONORS & SERVICE
- 2014: Invitee to the White House for the 20th #WhiteHouseSocial, one of 20 educators nationally.
- 2014: Cultural Studies of Science Education (CSSE) Best Manuscript of the year for 2013.
- 2010: ASTE Award V: Implications of Research for Educational Practice, Best Manuscript for “Exploring multiple outcomes: Using cogenerative dialogues and coteaching in a middle school science classroom.” Association for Science Teacher Education.
- 2009: Ethics & Equity Scholar, National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST).
- 2006-2011: Chancellor Fellow, The Graduate Center (CUNY), New York, NY.
- 2014: Invited Board Member- Dr. Percy Julian Charter School application.
- 2012-2014: Middle States Accreditation Planning Team Member, at York Preparatory. Member of a team of 15 leading a self-study for accreditation in 2013. Team leader of Standard 6: School Climate & Organization.
- 2012-2013: Curriculum Planning Team member, ICFU (Inner City Foundation of NY, Inc.) charter school application.
- 2008: Co-Coordinator, Urban Science Education Research Seminar (USER-S) at The Graduate Center (CUNY), New York, NY. Coordinated the second in a series of small conferences centered around sharing science education research methodologies grounded in sociocultural theory and geared toward improving science education.
- 2008: Assessor, National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST)
- 1998-2000: President & Vice President, National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Cornell University
- 1998: Society of Women Engineers Diversity Chair